More and more shoppers are turning to online platforms to research and purchase items. Online shopping is convenient, and it’s open for business 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year — 366 during leap years!
Still, it’s not unusual for shoppers to feel at least a little hesitant when purchasing bigger ticket items online, such as furniture. That’s completely understandable. When it comes to buying furniture, some may feel it necessary to take it for a test drive.
In other words, shoppers are going to want to sit down, lay on, and feel the fabric of a particular piece of furniture before committing to a purchase.
Makes sense! After all, you’re gonna be sitting on that couch and sleeping on that mattress for many years to come. That’s why we thought it was a good time to provide some tips for buying furniture from a small business online.
Broadway Furniture in Tigard is a small business, but you wouldn’t necessarily know it from looking over our website. We have a massive selection of high-quality furniture online, in our furniture store, and in our warehouses up and down the West Coast.
So you might say we’re a small business with an enormous footprint — not to mention a legacy of service that stretches all the way back to our origins in 1935.
The emphasis on small business is very important. Why shop small businesses? To shop small businesses online is to bring Main Street to the digital superhighway. It’s a way to keep money in the local community and to support those businesses that support the community and each other.
And so, without further ado, here are a few tips for buying furniture online from a small business.
Online Furniture Buying Tips
- Know when to buy. New styles typically arrive in spring and fall, so mark your calendar for late winter and late summer for good furniture deals. Keep holidays in mind, too. Lots of stores have various sales on holidays.
- Know your budget. With a firm grasp of how much you want to spend on a piece of furniture, you can be sure to stay focused on items that don’t exceed your price range. With so much to choose from online, you can almost certainly find something that matches your budget and your taste. Search for coupon codes while you’re comparing prices, too.
- Measure. Gotta make sure your new piece of furniture will fit in the space you have allotted for it. Remember, it also has to fit in the front door!
- Customize! We love to customize furniture, and you will, too, once you realize just how personal you can make a piece of furniture. Once you’ve found an item that you like, be sure to ask us about customizing fabrics, colors, accessories, and more!
- Take a test drive. If possible, visit the showroom to get a look, feel, and test drive of the furniture you’re interested in buying.
- Ask lots of questions. We’re not only furniture sellers, we’re de facto interior designers, too! If our online inventory doesn’t provide all the information you need to make an informed decision, then please ask! We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about our products, including our most trusted brands, accessories, and customizations.
- Check out the store’s return and delivery policies. This is especially important if you don’t plan to visit the physical store. Make sure you understand the seller’s return and delivery policies and costs before you click the BUY button. Do they guarantee their white glove delivery services?
- Spread the word! If you have a fabulous experience buying furniture from a small business online, tell your friends and family about it! Word of mouth is still one of the most powerful tools in helping small businesses remain in business. Consider writing a Google review, too. These are incredibly helpful in driving new business to small stores — both online and in the showroom. If you received great customer service from a furniture company, let people know. While shopping from an online retailer can seem impersonal, there are still people in “real life” working to deliver a quality product to you.
So, while buying furniture from a small business online may feel like augmented reality, purchases online still require teamwork and coordination from both the furniture manufacturers and the store itself.
So let others know if all that time-consuming online furniture shopping resulted in you being a happy and satisfied customer!
Happy shopping! Let us know if you have any questions. We have living room furniture, dining room tables, sectionals, and a whole lot more.